Friday, October 05, 2012

Today's the Day I'm Not Doing Anything

Don't you just love Bruno Mars' The Lazy Song?  It could be an anthem for ME/CFS (without "lazy" in the name of course), and it perfectly describes how I am feeling today:



It has been another loooong, difficult week.  Craig is still in bad shape, trying to recover from his knee surgery two weeks ago, but in a lot of pain still and pretty exhausted.  He hasn't been to school in two weeks.  We saw the surgeon yesterday who said this is all normal.  He said,"I drilled holes in his knee - it should still hurt!"  He said the recovery will be similar to if he fractured a bone.  So, two more weeks (at least) with the immobilizer and crutches.  Craig asked for ibuprofen this morning instead of Percocet, so I am hoping that is a good sign.

As for me, that trip to Washington, DC, on Wednesday really did me in!  I was only in the meeting for 3 hours and slept/rested on the bus there and back, but by the time I got home at 6 pm, I was totally wiped out - severe aches all over, sore throat, and killer headache.  Yesterday was my husband's birthday and Craig's follow-up doctor's appointment, so I spent the day running around and cooking (but, man, those lemon bars were amazing!).  I am still exhausted this morning and so very glad it is Friday and we don't have to be anywhere.  Hence, the decision not to do anything today....it can all wait until Monday, right?

I am even considering ordering pizza for dinner - damn the gluten-free/dairy-free diet!

P.S. I have NO idea why there are guys in monkey masks in this music video!

3 comments:

Renee said...

Enjoy your day off...sounds like you need it! You are amazing at what you accomplish, Sue...for your family and for the ME/CFS community.

Baffled said...

Hope you feel better tomorrow. Thanks for the monkey vid. Believe it or not I've passed it along to hubs so he can get some LOLz at work. Long story about him being on vacation and not being in a biolab with monkeys.

upnorth said...

Love it! It sounds like you need more than a day off, I hope you get some more relax time this week.