Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween 2008!


Well, it's been a rough week for us, but we made it to Friday and Halloween! We really get into the spirit of celebration on Halloween - it's one of our favorite days of the year. And we really needed this day of celebration this week. Here we are, ready to go out trick-or-treating - Ken as Frankenstein, Jamie as a zombie, Craig as a mummy, and me as a witch! Ken and the boys are still out in the neighborhood, with a couple of friends. I did my usual few houses near our cul-de-sac and came home to put my feet up.

I'm back on antibiotics for Lyme and seem to be having a herx reaction (the initial worsening when treating a long-time infection) - I've felt pretty crummy for the past few days. I got depressed this week when I realized the Lyme was not completely eradicated - and may never be. A local friend who heads up the Delaware Lyme Support Group helped me a lot, with both advice and emotional support. I was also deeply touched - and greatly helped - by all of the wonderful, caring comments you left on my blog this week. Those comments meant so much to me at a time when I felt so alone. Thank you!

Hope you had a fun Halloween!!

1 comment:

hobbz said...

Keep your head up Sue! You are doing all the right things, your body just isn't cooperating. Good for you for still going on trick or treating, even if it was just a few houses, at least it feels like your doing some of the normal family stuff.
TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOU!
hobbz