Thursday, November 15, 2007

Crash!

Whew, it's been a long dry spell for my blog. I've been sick for the past week and a half. I guess I picked up whatever my oldest son had Halloween week. I was badly crashed for about a week. My crashes lately only last a day or two, so this one seemed to be triggered by a virus - that always knocks me out.

I felt much better on Sunday, then much worse again by Monday afternoon. That usually means a bacterial infection, and, sure enough, my doctor said I had bronchitis and started me on antibiotics. She said there's been a really nasty form of bronchitis going around lately, so she was worried about me. Fortunately, though, the antibiotics seem to be doing the trick.

I was well enough by today to even go on a much-delayed shopping trip to Target and Trader Joe's with my friend. She and I were both thrilled that I was able to manage it! Everyone needs a friend like her. When I was unable to go along to dinner and our book group earlier this week, she told me it wouldn't be the same without me. I was pretty bummed to miss my book group and appreciated her kind thoughts.

So, I'm glad to be back to my own kind of normal. It was so frustrating to be unable to do anything at all for days at a time. And now the holiday season is approaching fast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your honesty and putting your story were others can relate!